Become part of the Conrad Connect IoT Service Hackathon
When: 8th December 2018, 9:30 - 19:00
Where: Conrad Connect HQ - Am Karlsbad 15, 10785 Berlin
On 8th of December, the first Conrad Connect hackathon took place in our office. 8 participants in total gathered to work on new IoT solution ideas. In the evening the ideas were presented to the jury and the winners were announced. Here is a short photo update from the event:
The participants arrived in the morning at 9:30 in the office, where they were welcomed by the Conrad Connect team. A short briefing was held in order to inform the participants about the hackathon rules and how to get started.
Then the exciting part started - all participants started hacking.
During the lunchtime, we had a pizza break. The participants were also able to discuss their ideas and progress with the stuff.
Then everybody went back to hacking
Finally, the participants presented their ideas and the jury announced the winners.
We want to thank all participants for taking part in the hackathon and making this wonderful day happen.
What is the goal of the hackathon?
The goal is to develop new service ideas for our Service Marketplace and to create working
prototypes during the event by using the Developer Center of Conrad Connect.
Your service shall provide additional value to the user by using the basic resources of the
connected smart devices, the Conrad Connect platform, or even external services via API. On
the hackathon, you can build services with a motion sensor, door/window contact sensor, camera,
smart lamp, smart plug, door lock, smart speaker and smart button.
We look forward to being inspired by your professional or even funny service ideas and be
impressed by your developer skills!
Why join the hackathon?
First of all, you can be among the first pioneers who can get access and start using our
Developer Center! You can learn about the “next big thing” of the IoT world before its official
opening, and have the chance to work with us on this in the future! This is enabled to you together with our amazing partners who supported us all the way to make the hackathon happen.
As the highlight of the day, the jury will step into the shoes of the users and award the best
developers with vouchers for cool smart devices and accessories from Conrad Electronic SE:
● 1st prize: Conrad voucher in the value of 1000 EUR
● 2nd prize: Conrad voucher in the value of 500 EUR
● 3rd prize: Conrad voucher in the value of 200 EUR
And of course, all hackathon contestants get Conrad Connect giveaway bags, free snacks and
drinks during the event, and will spend the whole day in the inspiring startup environment.
Who can join as a contestant?
We invite individuals and small teams as well (with 2-3 members), with the following profile:
● both professionals and experts with professional experience, as well as at students who
are enthusiastic about IoT and digital services;
● participants (team members) may include Data Scientists, IT Developers, Programmers,
UX Designers, Business Developers, Business Informants, Industrial Engineers;
● programming skills are needed (within the team): Node.js , HTML .
How to apply to the hackathon?
Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following brief
● your name and your phone number or Skype contact;
● your professional and educational background;
● your interest in IoT and the first ideas regarding the service to develop on the hackathon.
In case of team application, please refer to all team members in your email!
Our team will quickly assess your application and will get back to you with further steps.
Please note, that your application will become valid only after our confirmation.
What is the deadline for the application?
4th of December 2018 6 pm.
What else you need to know upfront?
Do not worry, once you have applied we will keep you updated regarding the details! Meanwhile,
keep in mind the followings:
● You shall bring and use your own laptop! All other infrastructure will be provided by us.
● The event will start in the morning at 9:30 and expect it to last until 19:00.
● Please note that further information and documentation will be shared with you in
English. Of course, we can provide German verbal support during the event.
● You will get access to the Developer Center and the technical documentation on the day
before the hackathon.
● Start to create ideas now! You can even create more of them! One can win only with the
most innovative and monetizable service idea!
Are you ready for the challenge?